Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Inertial measuring experiment

I just posted a video on YouTube, and wanted to comment on that shortly.

What I did was that I connected my navigation board (more on that in a post later) to my receiver. The receiver was sending data from the navigation board down as telemetry, which I recorded. At the same time, I also recorded video using an 808 #11 key chain camera. As the actual test, I just walked around our house holding the device in my hand and pretending it was a space ship.

Here is a picture of the sophisticated sensor instrument:



I used MATLAB to produce a visualization of the measured attitude. This visualization was then synchronized with the video and overlaid to produce the clip uploaded to YouTube. The whole visualization process is very naive, but as a first try it'll do :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment